Friday, 14.00- 15.30
Session to give an update on ADAPT SMART is an enabling platform for the coordination of MAPPS (Medicines Adaptive Pathways to Patients ) previously called Adaptive LicensingMPA
DefinitionMAPPS are a concept that, based on scientific innovation, procide timely access to specific medicines, with a potential to address unmet need(s) in a specific, well-defined patient populations in a sustainable way.
ADAPT SMART is a support tool to MAPPS.
Ad Schuurman- Dutch payerVery interesting to listen to a payer's perspective on MAPPS and the specific issues a payer faces. Volume control
- prevent decline in quality of evidence
- cost control
- want to restrict MAPPS to special cases:
- patients who cannot wait
- deteriorate irreversibly or die
- urgent public health protection
- major improvement expected
realistic exit strategy.